Year 3 Expectations
We set our expectations around what we consider to be the best support for your child, in their academic, spiritual and pastoral needs. Homework time is an opportunity to be involved in your child’s learning journey and to help build their confidence and enthusiasm in their learning. Home learning is a chance to consolidate, inspire and explore different areas of the curriculum whilst encouraging your child to become a lifelong self-learner.
As a minimum, we ask children in Year 3 to complete the following home learning every week:
- Practice the set timetables given out weekly
- Practice reading and spelling the set common exception words given out weekly which link to their current English unit
- Daily reading (recommended 15-20mins)of their RWinc or Accelerated Reader book
- A task linked to the work they have completed that week– this will alternate between maths and English
We will also provide optional tasks:
- An optional English or maths task will be given for pupils who are ready for an extra challenge matched to the current objectives and designed to stretch the most confident pupils.
- An optional task linked to the children’s current topic
- An optional task is the weekly Picture News at Home which follows on from our Collective Worship for that week.