Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Growing Stronger Together in God's Love
We are proud to be a nurturing school with an ethos that promotes our core Christian values of Compassion, Koinonia (community) and Love.
In order to provide a high-quality and ambitious education and to foster aspirational, confident and caring citizens of the future, irrespective of their needs, we:
- Ensure that all children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum and Quality First Teaching.
- Have early identification and intervention for SEND to ensure that progress and opportunities are maximized.
- Provide an accessible learning environment which is tailored to the individual needs of all pupils.
- Develop children’s independence and life skills
- Regularly monitor and assess the progress of children with SEND.
- Listen and include the views of the children.
- Provide good quality and relevant training for all staff members supporting children with SEND.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Work closely with external agencies and other professionals to ensure that there is a collaborative approach to support children with SEND.