School Support for Parents and Carers
We aim for all our parents and carers to feel a deep sense of belonging to our school community. Please speak to our schools Mental Health Lead or a senior leader to see how we can help.
- As a school, we are supported by the NHS Wave 6 Merton Mental Health Support Team. The team, which includes a clinical psychologist and Education Wellbeing Practitioners offers:
- Workshops and webinars on mental health and parenting
- Coffee mornings (to learn more about anxiety, low mood, behaviour, parenting skills, school pressures and more!)
- Signposting to appropriate services
- Early intervention: Free (NHS funded) one-to-one, parent-led guided self-help for parents who are starting to struggle with challenging behaviour and childhood anxiety.
If you would like more information about our work, please contact your child’s teacher or the school’s Mental Health Lead, via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email our team directly: Wave6MertonMHST@swlstg.nhs.uk
- Parents, carers and young people can visit the NHS Wellbeing Service YouTube channel for a great selection of mental health and wellbeing videos:
- Follow the NHS Wellbeing team on Eventbrite to see their menu of free online webinars for Primary school parents.
- Is your child feeling anxious? Follow this link to find out more about how to make a worry box at home.
- For parenting advice from child mental health experts, visit Place2Be: Parenting Smart for short reads and videos full of practical tips to support children’s wellbeing and behaviour.